Saturday, May 19, 2012

Applying..


With the beginning of the semester, came an immense amount of stress about jobs and the future.  I started off my semester with classes only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, with the goal of finding a job for Mondays and Wednesdays and Fridays free to nurse my hangovers.  However, after a few job applications were filled out, for which I felt fully qualified, and no responses came, I started to lose hope. 

I realized that it was also important to volunteer places in order to boost my resume, so I decided that I should apply for some of these positions as well.  Of course, I generated many more responses to my volunteering inquiries as opposed to the paid job positions.  I decided to start volunteering at a local daycare called Head Start for children and families and loved interacting with the little kids.  However, I did not like the half hour walk to get there or the fact that when I finally did get a real job, I was starting to lose sleep.  I decided to temporarily stop volunteering and to focus on school, my new job—as an office assistant at the PEOPLE program, and the Kaplan LSAT prep class I was enrolled in.

Once I started my job, which I went to almost every day either between classes or because I didn’t have classes, I got extremely busy.  I was always either in class, working, or studying for the LSAT.  These last few months of college have really given me a preview of the real world and what it will be like applying for jobs and have made me aspire to do everything in my power to avoid it.  Hopefully my aspirations for law school will help out in my procrastinations and will aid me in finding a way to never have to work, but until then, I’ll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment